Opening Fall 2019 in Boston, Banners Kitchen & Tap is hiring an Executive Chef. A member of the Patina Restaurant Group, Banners Kitchen & Tap offers talented and motivated team members unparalleled opportunities for advancement and perks that range from medical insurance and paid time off to dining and hotel discounts.
Built on the former site of the historic Boston Garden, and located in the Hub on Causeway, Banners Kitchen & Tap is raising the expectations for a modern sports bar experience. You’ll join a team of talented, culinary professionals collaborating to make great experiences happen for our guests and associates.
- Hands on cooking.
- Develop and maintain recipes, portion specifications, and standard preparation procedures for all dishes and ensure that all chefs are following these standards.
- Determination of purchasing specifications and budgetary allotments for all menu items.
- Lead and cook by example and provide guidance to any subordinates.
- Ensure kitchen operations can run smoothly and efficiently in your absence.
- Make periodic and regular inspections of units to observe quality of food preparation and service, food appearance, cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas, equipment, and employee appearance.
- Prepare operational reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and make appropriate recommendations for success.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and compliance with all company policies/service procedures/standards.
- Have a working knowledge of company invoice tracking, labor tracking, schedule preparation, food cost management, labor cost management, inventory control and hiring/counseling/termination policies.
- Coordinate hiring and training activities for kitchen, bakery, butcher shop and other production and back of house employees while continuously monitoring their performance.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Executive Chef in a restaurant with a similar style of dining, capacity and volume.
- Servsafe, Food Safety Handler, and Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) certifications required.
- Strong financial and computer skills; has experience working with and an understanding of P&L’s and budgeting.
- Possess a passion for culinary excellence with incredible skill to create exciting new dishes, appropriate for the venue’s concept.
- Proven ability to direct staff clear and concisely while positively influencing employee behavior and performance.
- Think quickly, multitask, and adapt to changing situations while maintaining the highest quality of product and other established standards.
- Ability to navigate and utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), & (POS) systems.
Banners Kitchen & Tap, Gran Inauguración – Otoño de 2019 en Boston, MA. !Estamos contratando!
Como miembro de Patina Restaurants Group, Banners Kitchen & Tap ofrece a talentosos y motivados miembros de nuestro equipo, grandes oportunidades de progresar dentro de la compañía, así como otros beneficios que van desde seguros médicos personalizados, tiempo libre pagado, descuentos en hoteles y hasta cenas.
- Ambiente orientado hacia el trabajo en equipo.
- Salario competitivo, beneficios y ¡muchas prestaciones adicionales!
- ¡Goza de increíbles prestaciones laborales!
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary, with Patina Restaurant Group and Delaware North.
Patina Restaurant Group, a bi-coastal boutique company, continues to grow as a leader in the premium segment of the restaurant industry! Boasting approximately 80 restaurants and hospitality venues in performing arts centers, Patina Restaurant Group offers outstanding career opportunities for talented & highly motivated professionals who have an eye for detail and an appreciation for the exceptional quality and level of service they stand for.
Our family of restaurants are aligned with unique architectural landmarks and cultural institutions that strive to enrich the American experience through fine arts, dance, music, theatre and performance. PRG operates exciting restaurants in world famous locations: from Lincoln Ristorante at Lincoln Center to the Sea Grill at Rockefeller Center; timeless spaces like the Michelin-starred Patina at Walt Disney Concert Hall, or fresh new collaborations like Morimoto Asia – our restaurants offer the finest in artisanal culinary inspirations.
Patina Restaurant Group is a proud subsidiary of Delaware North. And at Delaware North – whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants – there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you! We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world, and when put together with Patina Restaurant Group’s exceptional cuisine, landmark locations, and genuine hospitality – the sky is the limit.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Patina Restaurant Group and Delaware North are equal opportunity employers who enthusiastically celebrate the powerful and profound diversity of our team. We believe that talent, drive, and experience are the only relevant criteria for considering new team members.