Bambara Kitchen & Bar is looking for an experienced bartender to join their expanding team.
Located adjacent to Kimpton Hotel Marlowe, Bambara’s Bambara Kitchen and Bar opened its doors in East Cambridge, MA over 16 years ago. The menus feature a variety of classic and specialty cocktails, local beers, and a globally inspired wine program. The beverages pair with their American cuisine focusing on fresh and local ingredients.
Members of Bambara’s team value hospitality and a genuine care of guests. They strive for the little moments and connections that build with both regulars and hotel guests.
Why They’re Here
They believe heartfelt, human connections make people’s lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Their founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still their purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You’re here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together they make that happen. It’s what drives all that they do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How They’re Different
Their San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you – with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality – is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because they know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That’s what they seek out and celebrate. It’s people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don’t need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others’ lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that’s a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you’ll feel it too.
What You’ll Do
Prepare and serve drinks for guests in a professional, courteous, and timely manner, all the while providing outstanding service to their guests along the way. You’ll act as an advocate for the bar/restaurant, be a creator of ridiculously personal experiences, and develop relationships with guests that will compel them to return.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Greet and welcome their guests and promptly serve them food and beverages.
- Pour drinks, using standard pour according to specifications, receive and process orders in the POS system with accuracy.
- Serve food and drinks to guests, along with filling orders for the servers.
- Notify a manager if a guest is becoming intoxicated or rude to other guests.
- Fill and clean ice bins, clean and empty trash cans, change kegs, stock beer and wine coolers.
- Clean shelving, stainless steel, mixers, cups, blenders, and soda guns.
- Follow uniform and grooming specifications.
- Maintain cooperative communication with support crew and management.
- Unpack deliveries and stock the bar.
- They all wear multiple hats here at Kimpton. You may need to take on responsibilities outside of this job post at times, as they all do.
What You Bring
- 1 year of bartending experience is preferred.
- Passion for crafting and personalizing guest experiences.
- Excellent wine and spirits knowledge, great communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledgeable of credit card and cash handling procedures, as well as recording accurate tip-out sheets, and calculating accurate bill amounts.
- Food Handler and Alcohol Serving Certifications (if applicable).
- Flexible schedule and are able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when needed.
Differences make a difference. They are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of their hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, they encourage each of their employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. They also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For their complete EEO policy click here opens a pdf file.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.