Bakehaus in Belmont is looking for a professional Line Cook to prepare food to their specifications and to set up the cold station for menu preparation. Line Cook duties will consist of assisting the kitchen staff with their daily tasks. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to customer satisfaction. This is a full-time position for their weekday, morning shift. An occasional weekend day may be necessary.
- Sets up and stocks food items and other necessary supplies.
- Prepares food items by cutting, chopping, mixing, and preparing sauces.
- Cooks food items by grilling, frying, sautéing, and other cooking methods to specified recipes and standards.
- Maintain cleanliness and complies with food sanitation requirements by properly handling food and ensuring correct storage.
- Cleans and sanitizes cooking surfaces at the end of the shift.
Line Cook Qualifications/Skills:
- Basic written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Accuracy and speed in executing tasks
- Ability to work as a team member
- Follows directions and instructions
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- One to two years of experience as a line cook, restaurant cook, or prep cook
- Certificate in Culinary Arts preferred
- Experience with various cooking methods and procedures
- Familiar with industry best practices
Pay is relative to experience, up to $25 an hour. Sick time, vacation time and health insurance.