Do you love beer? Here’s an opportunity to take ownership of your very own Beer Department!
Atlas Liquors is looking for enthusiastic Beer Buyer/Manager with great customer service skills to join their team! At Atlas Wine & Liquors, good service, fair prices and quality products are their guiding values. They offer competitive compensation in a fast-paced, team environment. They are committed to offering every customer the best service and an enjoyable shopping experience. Come work with them!
- Are passionate about beer!
- Utilize strong and extensive craft beer knowledge (especially for New England breweries) and a passion for education.
- Excel in sales and promotion.
- Are comfortable with large volumes of product (over 300+ different items in the department!).
- Have experience in management and/or key holding.
- Have an eye for detail.
- Are creative. Want to build a huge merchandise display? Have fun with it!
- Know how to use Instagram and other social media platforms.
- Are self-starters and take initiative in all aspects of their job.
- Possess an innate excitement for the beer industry that allows for authentic and personalized customer experiences.
- Have great time management skills!
- Ordering product and maintaining appropriate inventory levels while adhering to a budget.
- Assisting customers in making informed purchases, which may include product education, making recommendations, and fulfilling special orders.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Assist other department managers as needed. • Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the beverage industry; including trends, competitors, marketplace, news, etc.
- Take amazing photos of all the great beers you’ve brought in!
- Participate in relevant product marketing and branding via social media platforms weekly.
- Actively engage customers in their buying experience.
- Cross-promote other departments’ products and upsell when appropriate.
- Schedule in-store tastings for customers (where legal and per policy).
- Reports to ownership on the status, sales trends, new products, etc. in your department.
- Actively participates in the training, education, development, and management of the team (Cashiers, Floor Assistants).
- Assist ownership with daily operations, including delegation and follow up.
- Motivate and coach the team to succeed in accomplishing goals and daily objectives.
- Communicate effectively via Slack and email in a timely manner.
- Responsible for opening and closing the store as a key carrier.
- Keep a productive working relationship with several distributors and suppliers.
- Conduct beer tastings and give constructive feedback on supplier samples.
- Beverage industry experience (3+ years preferred).
- Formal industry education and/or certification (Ex. Cicerone) preferred, but not required.
- Able to carry heavy items up to 50 lbs.
- Able to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
- Able to work a 50-hour work week.
- Able to be flexible in scheduling.
- Able to give a minimum of one-year employment for consistency.
- Able to work weekends, nights, and holidays.
- Basic IT knowledge and utilization of Point of Sale systems.
- Able to pass a background check and all industry related educational courses.
- Age: 21+
The best candidates will take ownership of their department and be proud to grow and develop their selection!
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Bonus Pay
- Competitive Pay
Are you from the restaurant or distribution side of the business and curious about branching into retail? Reach out; they’d love to chat about this unique opportunity!
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
COVID-19 considerations: To keep employees as safe as possible, they’ve installed clear plastic barriers, provide masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer.