The Chef de Cuisine is the culinary lead responsible for overseeing culinary operations for the site.
- Train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities
- Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food
- Select and develop recipes as well as standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality
- Establish presentation technique and quality standards, and plan and price menus
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance and ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen
- Oversee special catering events and may also offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrates culinary techniques
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Requires 2-3 years of experience in a related position
- Requires 2-3 years of post-high school education or equivalent experience
- Culinary degree preferred
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession
- Requires experiential knowledge of management of people and/or problems
- Requires oral, reading and written communication skills