The Assistant General Manager at American Provisions, along with the General Manager, is the person who will help set the tone for the experience of both the customer and the employees. This person will model what customer service looks like, and drive the mood and culture for the whole space. The AGM will be hyper aware of their surroundings, constantly being mindful of the store’s appearance from the eyes of the customer, and be able to set clear expectations to the staff for keeping the store looking dope. It is imperative that the AGM constantly model that behavior! The AGM will be visible on the floor, and have relationships with customers, vendors and delivery drivers alike. This is not a job that can be conducted sitting behind a computer! They must be present, verbal and active!
This person will model what hard work looks like and be a master at all of the jobs they are asking their staff to perform. While they will be able to jump seamlessly onto any station at any time, they will also be able to rise above the dance floor to the balcony to see all of the moving pieces of the shop. They will not get stuck in the muck, but will be able to drive the flow by constantly having an eye on the whole picture.
The AGM will be profits driven! They will constantly be mindful of the bottom line, and feel comfortable making decisions for the best interest of the store’s mission and culture as it relates to the bottom line. They will have an understanding of what a weekly/monthly/quarterly balance sheet looks like, and operate with an understanding of costs and driving sales.
The AGM will supervise, train and develop staff! They will be respectful of every human being they come in contact with, have a sense of humor, and be able to connect with their staff on a personal level. This is our lifeline! We want badass, creative, thoughtful human beings to work for us, and when they work for us, we want them to grow with us. We want to collect amazing people and the only way to do that is by allowing them to learn, develop and grow once they are here. This takes work and intentional relationship building from the AGM.
- Set the highest standards for customer service, and supervise all employees in doing the same
- Supervise and delegate tasks to other American Provisions team members
- Make final decisions on matters of importance.
- Have an understanding of the weekly budget and work within that allotted budget
- Manage inventory, food and labor costs to maximize profits
- Store Opening and Closing Procedures
- Oversee all catering orders
- Make weekly product orders
- Be an active learner and teacher regarding in-store products
- Create and maintain relationships with the vendors with which you are responsible for buying
- Provide any relevant product related training to staff including training materials
- Understand the culture and mission of American Provisions and always act in its best interest
- Perform all duties related to serving customers including: making sandwiches, serving cheese, meat, and coffee, stocking, and performing cashier duties
- Follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adhere to safe work practices
- Organized and detail oriented
- Passionate about food & beverage
- Demonstrated ability to stay calm under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer-service oriented
- Trustworthy and team oriented
- Sense of humor
To apply, send your resume to the email provided below.