Allium Market opened just over a year ago and has quickly grown into a beloved neighborhood destination for folks looking for amazing food, fabulous baked goods, and warm, welcoming customer service. Part cafe (serving George Howell coffee!), part bakery, part cut-to-order cheese shop, and part gourmet market, Allium is truly unique! Their focus is on showcasing high quality, simple, flavor focussed ingredients in an unpretentious, cozy setting. Quickly becoming a destination for food lovers in the Boston area, they aim to give exemplary service and introduce a new approach to specialty foods by celebrating small producers near and far and helping their customers find new and exciting products to fall in love with. At the heart of it all, they believe people should just eat good food and they aim to help them do so!
About the Position
An amazing opportunity to come join top leadership at one of the Boston areas most exciting new spots! Allium’s Head Baker has total creative control over the pastry and bakery production. From recipe development to daily bake line ups and seasonal specials, this role is the top position in their bakery and oversees all other baking roles. A healthy balance of leadership and management and hands on baking and recipe development make this role ideal for someone looking to work in leadership while still getting their hands in the dough! With a commitment to using the highest quality, local when possible, ingredients, this position is a really exciting opportunity to showcase your individual style in a bustling but still small, local bakery. They are so excited to have you join their team!
- Preparing daily bake pars
- Working closely with store ownership to continue to develop the identity and expectations of the bakery
- Working closely with other store managers
- Overseeing and managing the bakery staff
- Recording and minimizing daily loss and waste
- Ordering and buying for the bakery
- Inventory management
- Performing managerial duties within the company (helping to manage all staff and being part of the upper leadership team)
- Recipe development
- Minimum 3 years in pastry/bakery work or similar kitchen experience
- Skilled in Viennoiserie, classic American and European baking styles, recipe development, and par management
- Exemplary organization and time management skills
- Previous leadership experience strongly desired
- Experience in buying and ordering strongly desired
- Highly creative!
- Strong work ethic
- Good problem solving skills
- Passionate about good food and take pride in your work
- Excited to be part of a small but energetic team working to produce great food!
- Salaried, $50k to $80k DOE
To apply, send your resume and information to the email address below.