Allium Market is looking to bring on an enthusiastic, passionate baker and/or pastry chef who is ready to enter mid-level management, continue to expand their pastry knowledge, and help lead an exciting kitchen! The Pastry Sous Chef position at Allium is a great opportunity for a baker or pastry chef who is looking to take a step up and into leadership while expanding their creative influence in a kitchen and also continuing to learn on the job.
Allium Market is just over a year old and located in Brookline’s bustling Coolidge Corner. With just a year under their belt they have already established their little market and cafe as a serious food staple in the Brookline and Boston area. They are passionate about good food and putting out innovative, thoughtful, and delicious food made with high quality ingredients and lots of love! As they move into year 2 they are looking for a Pastry Sous Chef to help round out their pastry team and be a part of this companies growth!
Above all else this position requires passion! Everyone at Allium is passionate about good food and great service. They are a family who support each other and strive to create a positive, supportive, and fun atmosphere at work each and every day.
They look forward to hearing from and meeting qualified candidates who are ready to join their team!
- Report directly to executive chef and work closely with cooks
- Oversee and help manage pastry and savory production
- Must have minimum 3 years of pastry experience and have basic knowledge of Viennoiserie
- Savory background is a bonus, but not mandatory
- Good knife skills preferred
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Maintain high standards of food, cleanliness and organization of the kitchen
- Assist in ordering, scheduling, etc.
- Eagerness to learn!
- You love food!
- Competitive salaried position
- paid vacation
- paid sick days
- schedule flexibility
- opportunity for future growth within the company
- lots of yummy food!
- a friendly, supportive, positive atmosphere that nurtures and celebrates its employees!
Sound like you? Be in touch!