Allium is looking for an Executive Sous Chef to come in and take the lead in our small but mighty kitchen!
The Executive Sous Chef at Allium will have full creative control over our savory café menu and catering options, and will work directly with store owners and other top level leaders within the business. This is a unique opportunity to not only develop a new leadership position at Allium, but also to have direct influence on the food and vision of this company as it grows into its own community identity. They are dedicated to sourcing, cooking, and serving only the highest quality food in a comfortable, welcoming environment and are so excited to have a new, passionate leader in our kitchen. Oh, and did they mention DAYTIME HOURS?! No late nights here, folks. While you will create your own schedule (!) the expectation is that the Executive Sous Chef will work during normal daytime hours and have evenings free. Hooray!
This position is ideal for someone looking to potentially run their own business someday who is up for diving into a still young, growing company and help them continue to develop. Someone who has worked in mid-level management and is ready to take that next step up, while still being excited about learning! They are constantly allowing our systems to evolve and change as our customer base grows and our concept widens, and they can’t wait to bring in new energy to help them do so! The opportunity to learn a lot about startups and kitchen development while working with owners and fellow managers and still be active in a kitchen with full creative control is waiting for YOU! They can’t wait to hear from you!
- Minimum 2 years kitchen experience
- Excellent Knife skills
- Familiar with common kitchen machinery, tools, etc.
- Confident and comfortable with recipe development and scaling
- Great organizational skills
- Passionate about high quality food
- Team player
- Creative problem solver
- A focus on efficiency with abundant enthusiasm!
- A clear concept of what values an effective leader should embody
- A seasonal mindset of recipe rotation
- A desire to constantly be learning
DESIRED (BUT NOT NECESSARY) QUALITIES:
- ServSafe Certified
- Previous leadership experience (desired, not necessary)
- Food Waste management experience or ideas (they try to create as little waste as possible!)
- A passion for sustainability
- Familiarity with various global cuisines including French, Italian, Spanish, Middle Eastern, Mediterranean influences
- Create and grow our cafes savory menu.
- Rotate items seasonally and make executive decisions about specials, seasonal offerings, etc.
- Recipe development
- Working with and overseeing work done by our team of prep cooks.
- Schedule management
- Work creatively and closely with management in other departments to showcase and use other items they sell (ie: cheese, charcuterie, vinegars, etc.) throughout our café menu.
- Help to develop a financially sound and creatively enticing catering menu.
- Very competitive salary
- Paid Vacation Time
- Storewide discount
- Flexible hours
- and more!
- Salaried, $50k to $80k DOE
To apply please email the following to owner Talia Glass:
- Cover Letter/Letter of Intent