Allium‘s baking team and pastry kitchen is looking to bring on a third team member to help with the excitement of the Holiday Season and all its glorious baking, as well as help the team while their Pastry Sous Chef takes maternity leave (!!). They are eager to bring in someone who will continue the excellence and creativity that their little business has become known for! This position is unique in that it will begin with Part Time hours (while learning the kitchen, systems, recipes, and bakes) and then transition to FULL TIME in the winter.
There is TONS to do and definitely the possibility that this position leads to a permanent role within the team if it is desired by you! This is the perfect position for a culinary student looking to gain experience, a passionate home baker looking to learn more, work hard and gain experience, or a pastry chef looking to take some time to figure out their next career move, but still wanting to keep their skills sharp. Their small but mighty team of passionate fellow bakers is producing some of the best pastry and baked goods in Boston and they want YOU to help! They are so excited to see their bakery grow and expand, and are looking forward to bringing on the right baker to help create amazing food throughout the winter and into the spring. Allium is known for being a community focused, positive, supportive, and inclusive work environment. They are a small and still relatively new business, but they produce a lot of love and a lot of great food. Come join them!
- Mixing, batching, baking, and finishing pastries and savory bakes.
- Producing the morning bake-off (muffins, scones, quickbreads, croissants, hand pies, etc.)
- Working with the Head Pastry Chef and Sous Chef to develop and perfect recipes
- Helping to come up with seasonal and holiday special bakes!
- Daily prep/batching of PM bakery items and weekly prep work
- Basic kitchen receiving duties (overseeing deliveries and helping to put them away)
- Maintaining a neat, well organized, and sanitary work space.
- Minimum 1 years baking or similar kitchen experience encouraged but not necessary.
- Basic knowledge of primary pastry baking skills such as lamination, quickbreads, batching, brioche encouraged but not necessary.
- A passion for great food!
- Weekend, Holiday, and AM availability
- Creative problem solving skills
- Comfortable working both alone in the kitchen and with other team members
- Comfortable working on your feet 8+ hours
- Comfortable working in tight (but comfortable!) spaces
- Comfortable lifting 40+ pounds
- Great organization skills
- Great communication skills
- Competitive pay
- Positive, supportive, inclusive work environment
- Daily Employee Meals
- Free coffee, tea, cafe drinks
- 20% staff discount
- Flexible scheduling
- A cool (both literally and figuratively!) kitchen
This position is part of a close knit team of passionate, creative bakers! They are looking to bring someone on who is eager and ready to be part of this collaborative team. Is that you?! They sure hope so!
A Note About COVID – 19 Safety
Their entire workplace is committed to maintaining a healthy, safe environment for the team. They have strict health and safety measures in place to be sure that staff are coming to work healthy, and that the entire team has created their own little “pod” of safety. This means that everyone coming to work at Allium feels safe and confident about their own safety working closely with other team members. They are dedicated to maintaining this safety bubble and require that those looking to join the team follow their noted safety measures. They take pride in knowing that the team has that security and look forward to safely bringing on new team members!
this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $16.00 – $20.00
Please send an up to date Cover Letter and Resume to the provided email address of the owner, Talia. Please put “Pastry Position” in the subject line! Please send these as attachments and not in the body of the email. Thanks!