Alcove is a vibrant neighborhood restaurant, with food inspired by coastal New England and hosted in a beautiful waterfront space in Boston’s West End.
Scope & General Purpose:
As a Sous Chef at Alcove, this position oversees kitchen operations daily, with a focus on Swing service periods. The primary focus of this role is direct work with cooks, prep team and dish team, menu execution, care of kitchen space and collaborative work with all other team members towards Alcove financial success. The Sous Chef is multi-faceted, organized and a great communicator. Alcove strives for excellence in all aspects of service, including in-restaurant dining, private events, patio service, lunch service and all components of being a guest driven, dynamic restaurant. The Sous Chef is passionate about getting the details right, continually improving, meeting all established standards for food quality and safety.
The Alcove Kitchen Team is committed to the following job components, designed to create a meaningful, growth-oriented position:
- Recognize that Alcove success is centered around building a diverse, inclusive and team with varying skill sets and experience levels;
- Cultivate meaningful relationships with the BOH team that express a commitment to the kitchen team members and food program;
- Exude passion for food, teaching, fast-paced restaurant life and strategic planning related to your kitchen.
Schedule: Full-time schedule, with shifts across Alcove’s hours of operation
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a high-volume culinary business
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of health and sanitation code and policies
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- High integrity and professionalism
- A positive, joyful, upbeat, and energetic attitude – leading by example
- Alcove is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, gender, transgender status, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, or other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply, send your resume to the email provided below.