Alcove is a bustling neighborhood restaurant that highlights coastal New England cuisine. Nestled next to the Zakim Bridge and steps away from the TD Garden and North Station, they are entering their fifth year as a destination in the West End, with a beautiful four-season waterfront patio and an award-winning beverage program.
Scope & General Purpose:
Alcove is looking for talented Line Cooks to join their family-oriented kitchen team. The ideal candidate will have at least two years of experience in a professional kitchen. However, Alcove takes pride in being a teaching kitchen for young cooks eager to learn how to make this a lasting career. They must have a strong sense of urgency, and a positive attitude. They must exude an eagerness for good communication, cleanliness, and professionalism. Alcove strives for excellence in all aspects of service, including in-restaurant dining, private events, patio service, lunch service, and all components of being a guest-driven, dynamic restaurant.
Schedule: Full-time schedule, with shifts across Alcove’s hours of operation
Management Structure: Reports to Chef de Cuisine, Sous Chefs
- Knows and complies consistently with our quality standards and kitchen rules, policies, and procedures
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work area, follows all applicable health & sanitation regulations
- Displays commitment to volume-oriented service with precise execution
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Executive Chef, Chef de Cuisine, and Sous Chefs
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in food preparation and cooking
- Must have exceptional hygiene and grooming habits
- Professional communication skills
- Able to take direction
- Works well in a team environment
- Can work quickly, effectively, and stay calm and focused under pressure
- Able to work ten hour-plus shifts, stand, sit, squat, or walk for extended periods of time, walk up and down stairs
- Able to grasp, reach overhead, push, lift, and carry up to 50 pounds
- Able to work in extreme hot and cold temperatures
- Competitive based on experience
- Benefits available to all full-time (30+ hours) employees after 90 days
- Paid sick time
Alcove is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, gender, transgender status, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, or other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply, send your resume to the email provided below.