In honor of International Women’s Day, coming up on Monday, March 8th, more than thirty female chefs and restaurateurs are launching the Boston chapter of Let’s Talk Womxn, a movement that started in Chicago over the summer as a way for women entrepreneurs to undertake joint initiatives and keep their businesses going through the pandemic. It’s since grown to 12 cities nationwide with more than 350 members.
On the day itself, these badass local businesswomen will, with their sisters in nine cities across the country, be hosting Dine Together Let’s Talk, a countrywide collaboration featuring surprise, multi-course, multi-restaurant dining takeout menus created by the women of Let’s Talk. Depending on your location (Boston, Cambridge, MetroWest or North Shore), you can pick up your four-course meal (and, if you’re so inclined, two add-on cocktails from Boston Harbor Distillery) for $85 for two people.
Just get your order in by Thursday, March 4th and, come Monday, March 8th, you and a dining companion of your choosing can sit down to an amazing meal and a Zoom conversation with participants near and far moderated by Congresswoman Marie Newman and bestselling author/TED speaker Angela Duckworth.
You can scroll through the lengthy list of local participants below and get all the details online here. Then reserve your meal and your seat at the virtual table online here to show your support and enjoy an epic meal from these talented women.
– Jennifer Ziskin of La Morra, Heritage
– Tracy Chang of PAGU
– Seana Gaherin of Dunn Gaherin
– Karen Akunowicz of Fox & The Knife
– Nancy Cushman of O Ya, Hojoko, Bianca
– Rachel Miller Munzer of State Park, Mamaleh’s, Cafe du Pays/Vincent’s Corner Grocery
– Heather Mojer of State Park, Mamaleh’s, Cafe du Pays/Vincent’s Corner Grocery
– Rachel Sundet of State Park, Mamaleh’s, Cafe du Pays/Vincent’s Corner Grocery
– Rebecca Roth Gullo of The Gallows, Banyan, Blackbird Doughnuts
– Rachel Miller of Nightshade Noodle Bar
– Carolyn Johnson of 80 Thoreau, Mooncusser, Cusser’s Roast Beef
– Sarah Wade of Stillwater
– Olive Chase of The Casual Gourmet
– Kathi Turner of Turners Seafood
– Rhonda Kallman of Boston Harbour Distillery
– Sumiao Chen of Sumiao Hunan Kitchen
– Cheryl Straughter of Soleil
– Nia Grace of Darryl’s Corner Bar & Kitchen
– Kristine Somers of Sommers Pub
– Emily Vena and Rachel Trudel of Cobble
– Kate Smith of Thistle & Leek
– Denise Herrera of Burton’s Grill