Hazelnut and chocolate go hand-in-hand for this delicious holiday treat from pastry chef Kristin Beaupre. To build the sweet-tooth’s cookie sandwiches, start with the recipe for buttery, hazelnut cookies that cook up quick in the oven. Next, spread the cookies with chocolate-y Nutella to form tasty desserts that’ll have you going nuts.
- 10 ounces hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 cup granulated sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 generous pinch of salt
- 1 pound cold butter, cubed
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- In a food processor, pulse the nuts with the sugar until finely ground. Add the flour and salt and continue pulsing until combined.
- Add the butter cubes and pulse until a dough forms.
- Roll out the dough into two logs (approximately 12 inches long) and refrigerate until firm.
- Slice the chilled dough logs into 1/2" discs and sprinkle with granulated sugar immediately. Line and spray a standard cookie sheet.
- Bake for six minutes. Rotate the cookie sheet 180 degrees and bake for another six minutes.
- Cool cookies on a wire rack before spreading with Nutella and forming cookie sandwiches.