Want to work in a place that Padma Lakshmi considers one of the top 5 hidden gems in the world?
They love and respect the regional food traditions of the Eastern Mediterranean. Sofra is about reinterpreting those traditions to make them accessible and inspiring for their guest. Executive Chef, and James Beard Award winner, Ana Sortun is renowned for demystifying unique ingredients and finding an affinity between cultures.
In Turkish, Sofra is synonymous with generosity and hospitality. At Sofra bakery, they focus on high quality food production and quick service. They are committed to building long-term relationships with their employees and support individuals’ professional and personal growth that wish to further their career development within the food industry.
They are always looking for high-energy individuals who love cooking, want to learn, work hard and enjoy having fun at work. They offer flexible schedules, including weekends, as well as a structured training program. If you have some experience chopping, slicing, sautéing or braising, that’s even better. Either way, just be ready to hit the ground running and to really feel valued by co-workers.
Competitive hourly rate based on experience.
- Available to work 30-35 hours per week every week
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO
- Work efficiently and consistently with high quality ingredients and spices
- Prepare signature recipes
- Multi-task, organize time
- Knife skills, meat cookery, vegetable cookery
- Check in deliveries
- Operate equipment like ovens, stoves, fryers
- Treat customers and co-workers with courtesy and respect
- Work safely around hot ovens, heavy equipment and sharp utensils
- Work in a clean and organized fashion
- Follow clearly documented food safety procedures
- Take direction from multiple leaders, work as a team
- Flexible with schedule
- Has reliable transportation
- Likes to have fun at work
- Passion for great food and great service
- Exhibits a desire to learn, positive attitude, strong attention to detail, creative
- Able to read and follow written recipes
- Able to deal successfully with multitasking and high stress situations
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Desire of long-term employment
- Able to understand organized systems,
- Able to lift 50 pounds, comfortable standing, lifting and bending, comfortable with repetitive motion, able to go up and down the stairs
- Free left over pastries
- 50 percent employee discount at Sofra, Oleana and Siena Farms
- Paid training
- Paid lunch breaks
- Free lunch
- Copy of their newly released book: SOFRAMIZ, by Ana Sortun and Maura Kilpatrick.
Please send cover letter and resume to the email address below.