Simmons College is seeking an hourly full time lead production cook to begin immediately. Pay begins at $21.30 per hour and after 30 days, $21.80.
Supervise all other kitchen positions to ensure that food items are prepared in accordance with production requirements. Helps train workers in methods of performing duties and assigns and coordinates work to promote efficient of operations. This position participates in the preparation and serving of meals and food items. May requisition supplies and equipment to maintain inventory levels.
You will be responsible for modeling and acting in accordance with guiding principles and best of all, you’ll be part of a company that is consistently rated as a great place to work and the people here love what they do.
- Maintains a safe and sanitary work environment, which conforms to all standards and regulations. Adhere to safety policies and accident reporting procedures.
- Review monthly menu and ensure that food items are ordered.
- Train cooks on proper cooking procedure.
- Prints and distributes recipes. Direct kitchen personnel in use of the ARAMARK recipes.
- Assist in conducting inventory. Requisition orders as needed for approval.
- Adhere to and maintain preparation and production guidelines according to OP-X standards by reviewing and approving production and temperature logs.
- Participate in preparation and serving of meals.
- Ensure proper portion and any special dietary requirements are fulfilled.
- Ensure timely and efficient meal service.
- Assigns and coordinates work of kitchen personnel to promote efficiency of operations.
- Obtain accurate daily population counts and review with staff.
- Adhere to security policies and procedures. Ensure that all kitchen tools and equipment are returned to their designated area.
- Provide effective direction and ensure kitchen staff are productive.
- Follow sanitation schedule and ensure cooks, and/ or food service workers adhere to assigned schedule.
- Maintain clean and orderly refrigerators and work areas. Make sure the stations are properly cleaned, sanitized and organized at the end of the shift. (Including cleaning of kitchen equipment)
- Oversee cleaning of kitchen area and equipment. In addition, oversee washing of kitchen utensils and equipment according to sanitary methods.
- Complete all documentation needed in order to meet, and exceed OP-X standards.
- Properly receives and stores food and food related items, Requisitions supplies and equipment to maintain stock levels. Monitors stock levels and reports any discrepancies to Direct Supervisor.
- Participates in the preparations/5 P’s (Participation, Pulls, Production, Portion Control and Post Production), Storage and assembly of meals and food items.
- Follows Company’s Standard of Operation for food handling and Storage. Follows HACCP policies and procedures with regard to proper food handling procedures.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites work flow for hourly team and/ or ARAMARK employee workforce.
- Recommends disciplinary action, reviews documents with Food Service Director/ General Manager for approval.
- Completes all required training.
- Conductions monthly team safety and 15 minute OP-X training.
- Perform other job duties assigned.
STATUS & SCOPE:
- Typically reports to the Executive Chef, Food Service Director and/ or Production Manager. In addition, may have contact with vendors and State/ Federal agencies.
- Must pass culinary test with 85% correct.
- Accredited cooking school diploma/ certified cooking program certificate or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum three-year cooking experience or food service related work.
- Knowledge of food prep, proper knife handling, temperature control, and sanitation is helpful.
- Must be able to use a computer.
- Must be familiar with operations and use of all kitchen equipment.
- Must be able to read and write in English to facilitate proper communication with others. Must be able to understand and execute ARAMARK recipes, menus and production sheets.
- Mathematical ability required. Must be able to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- The willingness to participate in special events
- Be an effective team player that demonstrates a desire to provide excellent customer service.
USE OF EQUIPMENT:
- General Kitchen Equipment: Knives, Convection Oven
- Grill, Tomato Slicer, Deep Fat Fryers
- Flattop Griddle, Stone Pizza Oven, Sautee Equipment
- Steamers, Steam Kettles, Rotisserie Oven
- Buffalo Chopper, Blender, Blender Wand
- Butane Burners, Impinger Oven, Induction Burner
- Slicer, Floor & Table Mixer, Rotary Oven
- Medium Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds
NOTE: The above statements are intended to briefly describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this position title. This position description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and tasks required of personnel so classified.
To apply, visit the web link below, or send resumes to the email address below.