The Sous Chef position is a hand’s-on working position where you will learn to work every station in our kitchen in order to be an effective leader. Bostonia Public House is looking for someone who has respect for the ingredients they work with and is open to learning new techniques to refine and enhance each dish. You should be able to demonstrate sound cooking and knife skills as well as know basic meat, seafood and poultry butchery. You should also be comfortable enough with your skill set that you are open to critique for personal growth.
1. Must be able to lead by example while taking pride in each and every task you do no matter how small or dirty it may be.
2. Must be a mature, professional Leader who is be well disciplined, self-motivated, great communicator and listener.
3. Is an excellent Teacher / Motivator who can inspire staff to want to produce nothing but best at all times.
4. Must love a clean kitchen and be responsible for Monitoring and Enforcing All Sanitation Practices.
5.Must be a “Proactive not Reactive Leader” that has a keen eye for the details.
6. Must Handle Pressure and Volume with Grace and Finesse while Fostering an Enthusiastic and healthy work Environment.
7. Knows what working with a “SENSE OF URGENCY” means and has a strong sense of responsibility & integrity. Must be Excellent at Multi Tasking and Time Management.
8. Assist in inventory and labor management to achieve budgeted cost controls.
Last but not least you must love food and learning all you can about it.
Culinary Degree Preferred but not required
All candidates should have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in a scratch kitchen.
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a shift stage and tasting.
Please submit your professional resume, references and salary requirements.
Resumes will be accepted in person Tuesday-Friday 2pm-4pm. Upon our arrival please ask the hostess for an application and completely fill out the application. Once done present the completed application to the hostess to speak with the chef during that time live interviews can be given depending on business demands.
Highly Competitive Based on Experience (weekly payroll)
2 weeks vacation after 1 year
Uniforms provided and laundered
Private Access to Company Gym
Mass Health Insurance Contribution
5 day work week with two consecutive days off based on business demands